The goal of this project is to improve the quality of education in communities with limited resources around the world. Using digital tablets, (such as Kindle Fire or iPad) loaded with all the necessary textbooks and educational resources, we can make a significant difference in the lives of many.
Today, we find there is no reason for us to use the same educational tools we used in the past century. Technology is transforming the way we learn and the way we interact with the rest of the world. If we want to educate individuals ready to face the challenges of our new globalized society, then we need to provide them with the necessary tools.
Having textbooks in a digital format as opposed to the printed versions, can be very advantageous:
1. The cost of each textbook is only a fraction of the printed book.
2. Environmentally friendly
3. Having all your books in just one tablet means students only need to have one study tool.
4. Since these digital textbooks use different media formats, such as video, audio and interactive illustrations, teachers will find it easier to engage students.
5. Updating textbooks will be as simple as downloading an email.
6. Students will also be able to use the tablet’s Internet access to find different resource materials.
It is known that the wealth gap between developed countries and those that are considered otherwise, continues to grow at a fast pace leaving many young people without opportunities to succeed. Future Kind seeks to work with schools all around the world that lack the necessary tools to provide quality education, such as updated libraries and access to new technologies. We look for small communities where we can have a big impact.
Providing educational communities with the digital tablets is only the first step. We expect educators to make the most out of these tools. For this reason Future Kind will provide hands-on training and on-going support to every teacher that will be handling the tablets. Future Kind will maintain a close working relationship with each sponsored school and will track tablet use and student growth. We will also implement a reflection and evaluation system whereby students and educators can give input about the effectiveness of the tablets.